Veterans find a future in farming

November 12, 2011

in News

Read the entire article by 9news.com

{ 12 comments… read them below or add one }

Carolyn December 18, 2011 at 8:22 pm

Buck,

Thank you for supporting our returning Veterans with an education and the motivation to enter the farming industry!

You are truly an inspiration!

Carolyn Newhouse, Lt Col, USAFR, NC

BuckAdams December 18, 2011 at 8:45 pm

Thank you for this comment and your service!

Buck

Xristos February 22, 2012 at 9:47 am

Veteran’s Day will awyals remind me of my dad and his incredible courage. He lived with pain his entire life after fighting for his country when he was 19, and he never complained. He’ll awyals be my #1 hero.

BuckAdams December 18, 2011 at 9:43 pm

Thank you and Thanks for your service!

Buck

Lisa Leonardo March 13, 2012 at 3:11 pm

I love what you are doing. I would love to see you conected directly with the bases. I sent you an email. Please get back to me.

puuvhmwwwhp May 6, 2012 at 6:49 am

pP3qLJ rppfpaaxpmhs, [url=http://aoljnjxizmmm.com/]aoljnjxizmmm[/url], [link=http://xkslmstfsmgy.com/]xkslmstfsmgy[/link], http://cglnmylgucim.com/

Doc Crazy J September 5, 2012 at 6:02 am

WOW!!

I am retiring soon and I just found your site. This is a great program. I am looking for something similar in the San Diego area for prior to my retirement date then off to 10 acres of my own land to learn how to farm and provide food for the community at around 7800′ in elevation. Should be interesting. Good luck

Doc Crazy J
HM1(EXW/FMF)
US Navy

BuckAdams September 14, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Have you looked into hometownfarms.com I believe they are starting in your area and the CEO is behind our mission. Also the VSTAT program I believe is in that area. And you can always reach out to the Farmer Veteran Coalition. They are more No Cal

Jacob Shocklie September 18, 2012 at 7:48 pm

I am a veteran of the United States Navy. I live in Arizona and I would like to find a program like yours out here. Any info would be appreciated.

BuckAdams October 9, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Have you looked into the CEAC and U of A? http://ag.arizona.edu/ceac/
They have a great program and several short courses that GI Bill can be used for..

Bradey Bailey October 25, 2012 at 7:01 pm

I am a vetran of the United States Army and saw your clip on 9 News. I live here in Colorado and I am very interested in this program. Can you send me more information. Thank you,
Bradey

BuckAdams November 5, 2012 at 8:00 pm

hey Bradey- Can you sen a request to info@veteranstofarmers.org please… It takes me sometimes a little time to respond. Swamped with a couple new projects coming online.. but that’s good because that means new openings soon..

Buck